Tuesday, November 12, 2013

happy birthday Mia

ok. this is a continuation of the other post, that was getting a bit too long.

so, after all the fun-having that happened for Mia's birthday party day, we celebrated Mia's birthday on Sunday! Chris went to watch Peyton Manning on Sunday, which is why we celebrated so hard on Saturday. it worked out great, especially since Mia is only two and has no idea what her birthday means, and has no idea when her birthday is. When someone says happy birthday to her- she usually says it back to them!

So, Sunday Jeehon and I took the kids to the San Diego children's museum, and it was free! Yay Second Sunday! The kids spent A LOT of time painting, which is awesome, cause my kids love to paint and I am not awesome enough to let them run free with giant sticks with paint brushes attached to them at my house.

topher climbed this really crazy structure from one end to the other. he almost fell a few times, and almost knocked other kids off too, but he succeeded. well done son!


I could not get a good picture of my kids together to save my life

Jeehon is so great at finding awesome things for us to do when we go to visit her!

I cannot believe how big this kid is getting!

thanks Instagram for this pic

after getting pretty dirty with the paint, we played with bubbles

another terrible shot of my progeny

Mia laying on an egg mat

this cornucopia reminded me of the hunger games

here are my tributes ;)
 
and Sunday also happened to be the Marine Corp birthday, and we celebrated it by getting Chris a new hoody. He just needed another one, and so I gave it to him as a present. there is no symbolic meaning behind getting a former Marine a hoodie.
look at this stud! man I miss that face!
;)
 
anyway, Mia is the most incredible little 2 year old walking on this planet. I know lots of other PHENOMENAL two year olds, but having birthed this particular one, I am obviously very partial to her.
Mia knows a lot of her numbers already (thanks team umizoomi!) and is starting to potty train herself. the other day ago, she was sitting on the can trying to go poop. she finally pushed out two turds that weren't exactly soft or easy to get out (I know- more fiber) and she shuddered and said: "poo poo is scary!"
how is she so awesome??? she is a funny, sweet, and sassy little monkey girl, and we all love her so very very very very much.
 
happy birthday sweet Mia! try not to ruin your twos by being terrible.
thanks! love you. mama
 

No comments: